New Sewing Machine!!

Please excuse my crazy messy table! The craft fair is next weekend soooo, yeah. That’s my excuse lol. Anyways, this is my new best friend! She’s a Pfaff Ambition 1.0 and she’s amazing. I was trying to come up with a sweet German name for her since Pfaff is a German company, but I can’t decide! I had so many great suggestions on facebook and now I really can’t decide! What do you think?

I’ve also been working on my first handbag design that I’m aiming to debut next weekend. I’m calling it the Divide and Conquer. Epic, I know lol. There’s a really cool center zipper pocket which divides the bag into a total of 3 inside sections. It took me a little while to figure out how to do that, but I’m really happy with how it turned out. I have a few small tweaks to make to the shape and then it should be good to go! Here’s a little sneak peek of the demo I made and the fabrics I bought for craft fair production!

I will definitely be adding these bags to the shop in the near future! Very exciting :)

16 Responses to New Sewing Machine!!

1. Haylee Atkinson January 1, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

I know this post is from like a month ago but I have to say I am seriously JEALOUS right now. That machine is amazing!! All the fancy buttons and stitches, gah I’m so jealous right now. Hope you’re enjoying it and you were able to come up with a name for it! :) I don’t blame you, I don’t think I even know how to pronounce pfaff.

2. Amanda Russell November 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

That is one SERIOUSLY fancy machine!! I would be a little intimidated by all those options, TBH!! ^___^ I’m looking forward to hearing how you go with it :)

3. Sky Turtle November 16, 2012 at 9:53 am #

What a monster! (In a good way :)
    Also, what do you mean “messy”?

• Rochelle New November 16, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Usually I can’t work with so much clutter on my table! And you can’t see the floor in this shot, but trust me when I say it looks like a craft bomb went off haha!

• Sky Turtle November 16, 2012 at 10:17 am #

Not impressed, looks pretty organized to me :D
        I have seen the craft bomb many times in my own house : >

4. sallieforrer November 13, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Cool new machine!! I feel a bit crazy because I’m lusting after a new machine myself, but my old Singer seems to work fine, so I can’t QUITE justify it! I’d love to learn more about your machine, I’m always interested in what else is on the market!

• Rochelle New November 14, 2012 at 9:27 am #

I was sold on the Pfaff because it had all the same features as a comparable Janome or Bernina but for less money, AND it has a built in walking foot. Pfaffs are the only machines with this technology and it’s aaammmmaaazzzinnng!! lol The Bernina walking foot is like an extra $100 accessory sooo yeah. BUILT IN WALKING FOOT lol. Love it!

5. Scruffybadger November 12, 2012 at 4:47 am #

It’s so nice to see one of my sewing machine’s parents!! I have a pfaff, and like you, find it un-obvious to name….

6. Caitlin A. November 11, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

Beautiful machine, and gorgeous patterns on that fabric!

7. Esz November 11, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

I am so jelly of your new machine! The possibilities are endless yes? The Pfaffs look like awesome machines. Woo!

8. ozzyblackbeard November 11, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

Ooo!! What a fab new machine!! And the new fabric is lovely.

9. Gillian November 11, 2012 at 3:26 pm #

Ooooh so pretty! (The machine AND the fabric!)

10. Sue November 11, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

Pretty, pretty, pretty! That new machine looks awesome. :) I want one!

11. VickiKate November 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Oh that ikat style print is Gorgeous!

12. Sarah November 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

Ooh, what a lovely new machine!! She is fab and I love that she’s red and white :) I am so looking forward to seeing your bag design – I’m already loving the bamboo handles :)

13. Corinna November 11, 2012 at 11:45 am #

I’d say Hildegard or Waltraud but I’m not sure how difficult the pronunciation would be for you…