I’m learning how to knit!!

usaknitforvictorya

As I’m diving deeper and deeper into this whole WWII reenactment stuff, the more I’m realizing I need to learn how to knit. I’ve found so many amazing 40′s patterns on sites like Fabulous Forties Fashions, and haven’t found ANY suitable pre-made sweaters or knitwear items from that time period. So if you want something done right… you know what they say. Plus, every time I look at Lauren’s blog she’s practically rubbing it in my face that she’s cooler than me because she knits amazing things ;) ;)

copley1170a

Obviously I’m not going to be knitting my own long underwear anytime soon, but Knit Lab for Beginners promises to teach me everything I need to know to get started. I’ve been terrified of knitting up until this point, but with a 100% money back guarantee and 50% off the original class price, I’m not going to sit around and be afraid of yarn any longer!! Haha!

As I work through the class, I’ll be sure to share my progress and my input. Craftsy has never let me down with any of their classes before, but I am worried that I’ll get frustrated with myself and not want to stick with it. I know practice makes perfect, and everything takes time to learn, but sewing has always come pretty easy for me and I definitely love that! If it aint broke don’t try something new, right? Hahah I know that’s a terrible outlook to have! I’m going to try it! Plus, with the amount of sweaters I wear, I’d be really stupid not to learn to make my own.

Wish me luck ;)

ALL Craftsy classes are up to 75% off until the 24th, AND they’ve added a lot more free classes to the library. Definitely take advantage of the free classes if nothing else! I know I did. Even the ones I might not ever use like quilting and jewelry making. Because come on, THEY’RE FREE!
Online Knitting Class

(photos taken from the WWII Services Knitwear page on the fab forties website)

11 Responses to I’m learning how to knit!!

1. Sara (The Wishful Tinker) January 18, 2013 at 9:13 am #

Do it! Knitting is awsome, but a bit tricky at the beginning. But i
    think you have a heads up since you already know how to construct
    garments. Good Luck!

2. ozzyblackbeard December 23, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

Yey to learning to knit!! Once you get the hang of the knit and purl stitches, everything else is just a variation of them. Good luck with it! :)

3. KitteeBeeBerns December 23, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

yay! you know about ravelry, right? so much free inspiration there!

• Rochelle New December 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

Yes I just signed up!! It’s so awesome.

4. Sarah December 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm #

Hooray for you! I adore knitting and am so glad I stuck with it! :) I am looking forward to your progress!

5. MarrieB December 23, 2012 at 1:39 am #

Good for you! I know you can do it. Knitting is awesome, but it is a bit like crack, and can be addictive. So you’ve been warned! ;)

6. Ginger December 23, 2012 at 12:28 am #

Oh yay, good luck! Knitting is so much fun! I think you’ll really love it once you get going!

7. Regan Elizabeth December 23, 2012 at 12:12 am #

I’m just now learning to knit with double pointed needles and I feel like I’m learning to knit all over again haha. I will say, don’t get discouraged if you’re still left with tons of questions, I find even though I can get the basics of something down from the internet or a book, nothing compares to having a real person who can point out little mistakes or really see your work.

• Rochelle New December 24, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Thank you that’s great advice. I have a friend who knits and next time we meet up she agreed to help me :)

8. Alex Mills December 22, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

I got that class earlier this year, it is a wonderful class! Can wait to see your knitting progress :)

• jessicaweese December 23, 2012 at 2:24 am #

I knit as a small child, but had forgotten some of the basics like casting on. I took the Knit lab class last year and it was great! I have really enjoyed the Craftsy knitting classes.