Sew It Yourself: Mustache Skirt

sewityourself3

Are you beginning to see a trend with me and the Alexander Henry fabrics? I may or may not be a little obsessed… but needless to say, I can spot them when I see them! This skirt by Folter Clothing was no exception. That’s unmistakably Alexander Henry’s “Where’s My ‘Stache?” print in the Taupe colorway.

This skirt retails online for nearly $60 dollars, but you could easily make it for half that cost. That’s the reason we sew, is it not?

Pair this particular print (found at Fabricworm) with New Look pattern 6872 and Sew It Yourself!

I’m reaaaallllllly going to have to make this one up for myself! I love it!! Plus, it would be a really easy instant gratification kind of project. Double love!

, , ,

6 Responses to Sew It Yourself: Mustache Skirt

1. Miss Crayola Creepy January 28, 2013 at 3:26 pm #

I’ve used this pattern a few times. Very easy to sew up!

2. Jo January 26, 2013 at 11:38 pm #

I’ve made this skirt pattern too. It’s one of the first things I posted on my blog. But now I feel like I was a chump because I’ve realised how ridiculously easy these are to draft, lol! Still, a pattern gives a beginner comfort. :) Neat fabric!

3. Joanne Lambert January 26, 2013 at 6:28 pm #

You wouldn’t even need a pattern. It’s just a dirndl skirt and waistband – gertie has a free tute for a full gathered skirt which you could follow. It’s pretty full so you could use less fabric for this one but still pretty easy!

4. davmac71 January 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

I’ve made this skirt pattern. It’s super easy and quick!
    It has a side zipper which I changed to a back zipper with an overlap for buttons.
    Noelle xo

5. Kat January 26, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

That fabric is fabulous! Love it. :-)

6. Jessica Cangiano January 26, 2013 at 8:38 am #

What a smile-inducingly fun, awesome skirt! I recently bought a cute little plastic (black) mustache brooch from eBay for a total song. It’s my first item of mustache garb so far. The seller might have others, if you’re interested, let me know and I’ll give you the link.

Have a fabulous weekend, dear lady!