Sew It Yourself: Very Cherry

sewityourself-verycherry

This adorable Heidi Dress by Pin Up Couture is …well, it’s adorable! But my goal for 2013 is to make all of my own clothes (especially dresses)!

Here’s how I’d recreate this one:

Pattern: Cambie Dress Pattern by Sewaholic – $17.98
Fabric: My Cherry in Black by Michael Miller’s Fruits and Veggies Collection – $8.98/yd (I’d need 2.5 yards)

Miscellaneous notions:
zipper – ~$2.00
red velvet ric rac trim – $0.68/yd

S.I.Y. Dress Total: Under $50.00
Original Dress: $98.00

That saves me around fifty dollars to spend on more fabric and patterns! I’ll take it ;)

, , ,

11 Responses to Sew It Yourself: Very Cherry

1. Amanda Russell January 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm #

Oohhh that is one gorgeous dress!!!!! I’m pinning that on my style inspirations!! :D

2. MissB January 14, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

This looks like I dress I had my eye on at Torrid a while back! You so amaze me!!!!

3. Anne Cherry January 13, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

A great plan! Kat from http://coutureacademic.wordpress.com/ is making a Cambie in a similar print. Great minds….etc!

• Rochelle New January 13, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

Neat! I hadn’t seen Kat’s version but now I’m really looking forward to seeing one sewn up! :)

4. Maddie Flanigan January 9, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

Fifty bucks goes a long long way!

5. Norma January 7, 2013 at 12:18 pm #

Good idea to make your own version. I’m sure it will be lovely.

6. Alexandra Cuckoo January 7, 2013 at 4:21 am #

This reminds me that I’ve had the Cambie pattern for ages and still haven’t made it up! Maybe it will have to be part of my spring sewing!

7. Rebecca Wagner January 6, 2013 at 9:05 am #

Ahh I love all the cambies I see:) such a great pattern

8. Debi_myhappysewingplace January 5, 2013 at 7:35 am #

YAY! Love it! I just bought the Cambie dress pattern myself…it’s such a great design!

9. Jessica Cangiano January 5, 2013 at 6:23 am #

I love lush red cherries on a black background and have swooned over that very dress before, too. How wonderful that you’ll be making your own for half the price. That sweetheart neckline is so, so alluringly pretty – I just know your version is going to be amazing!

10. ozzyblackbeard January 5, 2013 at 3:53 am #

This fabric is gorgeous! And I love the dress in the photo. Great minds must think alike, because I got fabric a bit like this a few days ago (mine has red apples, not cherries), and I’m going to make a dress too. Good luck with yours!