Mad Men Sewing Challenge on Julia Bobbin

1940′s not exactly your era? How about the 60′s!?

Julia is bringing back her highly successful Mad Men themed sewing challenge for a round two and I’m definitely in! She just announced the challenge on her blog and you have until April 19th to complete your project.

Last year I had it narrowed down to three possible dresses to sew, but ended up going with a Trudy look. This time around I think I’m going to make the dress that was second runner up:

peggy

I just love all the little added details on this simple shirt dress! You can’t really go wrong with a dress like this in your closet in my opinion.

So if you’re itching for a group sew along, but the 1940′s isn’t something for you, then head on over to Julia Bobbin and tell her you’re in for the Mad Men Challenge Round 2!!

Of course, if you’re really crafty, there’s no reason why you can’t participate in both Sew For Victory and the Mad Man Challenge! ;)

13 Responses to Mad Men Sewing Challenge on Julia Bobbin

1. bernieandi March 5, 2014 at 9:23 am #

Love this look! Can’t wait to see your take on it!

2. Pixie S Greene February 17, 2013 at 2:05 am #

What a great choice! It’s funny, because this dress is sooooo not Peggy’s kinda dress. But I think it will really suit you!

3. Sassy T February 8, 2013 at 3:30 pm #

Look forward to seeing it.

4. Ginger February 8, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Ooh, you’re going to look so cute in this! Happy sewing!

5. Shelly February 8, 2013 at 5:30 am #

I’ve never watched Mad Men and the 60′s isn’t really my thing either, but I will follow along with interest as others join in.

6. monica February 7, 2013 at 8:36 pm #

Ahhh….I really need to crank my sewing skills up a notch, because I would love to make a mad men inspired dress. Those fitted bodices and flared out skirts to me good! ;)

7. Sean MacKenzie February 7, 2013 at 5:37 pm #

If I had a 60s pattern, I’d be all over this sew a long too. :-/

8. Miss Crayola Creepy February 7, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

I think I’m going to do both, I’m crazy!!! ;)

9. Jessica Cangiano February 7, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

Oooohh, what a fabulous cool sewalong. Thanks for letting us know about it. I’m a huge MM fan (as is the mister) and remember well when Peggy wore that pretty pink dress, because it seemed so much more my style than a lot of what she sports.

10. Tasha @ By gum, by golly! February 7, 2013 at 1:44 pm #

I’ve never watched Mad Men (although I have had no shortage of random people telling me I should, lol). I’ll be excited to watch your progress though, that is a really cute and versatile dress. Look at that neat placket thingie or whatever is going on in the back!

11. ShanniLoves... February 7, 2013 at 11:55 am #

Ha I guess you can call me crafty because I’m going for both of them! Fingers crossed it doesn’t end in disaster!!

12. Jamie Eversole February 7, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Did you read my mind last night? That is exactly what I was pondering. Do I have time and energy for both sew alongs? I’m thinking I should just live dangerously and go for it. ;)