My Sewing Space

Earlier I posted a photo on Instagram of my sewing space (right after I had cleaned it!) and lots of you left some really sweet comments about my little crafty nook. The comments made me realize that I’ve never really shared a lot of photos of my space before! Allow me to give you a quick tour…

luckiylucillesewingspace

I’m not going to lie, usually when I get knee deep in a sewing project (or multiple projects for that matter) you can barely see my cutting table or the floor! But with Sew For Victory starting, and another project I need to finish up next week, I REALLY wanted a clean slate to get me focused and motivated.

luckylucillesewingspace2

I still have two large plastic bins under my table overflowing with scraps that I really need to do something about one of these days. I sense a quilt in my foreseeable future…

sewingspace3

This past summer I was so good about only sewing from my stash that I found myself actually searching for dress fabric at the start of the new year! As you can see, I quickly fixed that little “problem” ;)

sewingspace4

I have to showcase my favorite pair of glasses! They’re vintage dead stock from the 50′s :)

sewingspace5

sewingspace6

I’ve been sent some lovely little notes from some awesome ladies who truly inspire me, so I hung them up next to my sewing machine. They brighten my day and motivate me to keep on doing what I’m doing! After all, it’s essentially Lucky Lucille that brought these notes to me :)

sewingspace7

On a side note: check out my awesome sweater! My best friend Aubry brought it back for me after a recent thrifting adventure while visiting her home town for the Holidays. She’s so good to me :) (p.s. Aubry get your blog together already so I can link to you and show everyone how amazing you are!!! …no pressure.)

vintagesweater

I can’t get over the little details! I’ve never seen anything quite like it! Plus it’s such a perfect shade of yellow, don’t you think?

landgirlpants

I paired the sweater with some wide wale corduroys that I finished before Christmas, but for some reason never blogged about them. They’re the Simplicity 3688 40′s repro trousers that seem to be very popular for Sew For Victory! With good reason, too! They’re really easy to make, and look awesome on everyone. Did you see Tasha’s recent version? I love them!

LucilleLou

Of course, my sewing space would never be complete without Little Miss Lucille Lou hanging around. That face seriously melts my heart!

Hope you enjoyed my mini tour! What’s in your sewing space?

51 Responses to My Sewing Space

1. Puddles & Price June 8, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

Hi Lucille! Thank you for sharing your sweet sewing nook. We LOVE it! The colours are fun, and it looks cozy. We are huge vintage sewing fans, so we are especially happy to have found your blog. We’ll be visiting again!

2. chantel March 27, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Lucille is precious!! thank you for sharing your space — very nice. and such a cute outfit too! –chantel

3. KC March 1, 2013 at 11:52 am #

Your room is a wonder! And you look incredibly inspirational. I haven’t officially joined the challenge but think I must Make Do & Mend at once! I love this site.

4. Daisey Jayne Needlework February 27, 2013 at 11:58 am #

Beautiful space, you and Lucille look gorgeous!

5. Tanya Hughes February 27, 2013 at 11:36 am #

What a lovely and bright sewing space! L)

6. Sky Turtle February 17, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

Lucille looks pink! :D
    Your space looks lovely (and matches your blog design:)

• Rochelle New February 17, 2013 at 11:03 pm #

Haha she IS pink in real life lol. She has very little hair on her chest and tummy so her skin shows right through. She’s a little piggy :)

7. izabelle February 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

I work in an organized mess. Any time it’s been pretty and organized it didn’t feel right. ;) Lucille is adorable as always and your space is so very cute.

8. Anne Sharkey February 11, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

lovely space, bright and great colour co -ordination

9. Miss Crayola Creepy February 11, 2013 at 3:25 pm #

Your space is so beautiful and bright! That’s great that you have a window too. Does it have a view? My window looks straight at a wood fence :(

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Yeah there’s a nice view in the summer, but in the winter it’s crowded with people and cars since we live close to a ski resort. In the summer it’s nice though!

10. Sean MacKenzie February 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

Love your new sewing space. Mine is my dinning room. LOL! Oh, that precious face, is your Lucille a pitbull?? How sweet!!

The Fictionista
    {sean-mackenzie,blogspot.com}

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Thanks! My sewing space is actually where my dining room is supposed to be haha! Yes, Lucille is a Pit Bull. We rescued her from the animal shelter :)

11. Erika Sews February 11, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

Oh Lucille you are too cute, and I love your sewing space! My sewing room isn’t as charming as yours as I’m relegated to the deep dark depths of the basement, but you can still check it out right here: http://sewsitall.blogspot.com/2013/01/sewing-room-rearranged.html

12. Tasha @ By gum, by golly! February 11, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

YAY to see your cords!! What a great color too! I’m totally obsessed over corduroy now. And that cardigan is sooo swoon-worthy. :)

Your sewing space is great! I love how bright and cheery and organized it is. Mine is in the basement and is none of those things. lol But, once we are done focusing on upstairs we will work on our basement craft (me) and art (Mel) areas, so I’m just glad to have a space to spread out that’s not the dining room table right now! I have the same dress form, btw. (Mine is named Not-Tasha, lol.) And I totally know (and have almost bought) that floral fabric you have on the top of your pile! ;)

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

Man, our minds must be pretty great for how much we think a like ;) My sewing table is actually a dining room table lol, just not one that we eat at ;)

• Tasha @ By gum, by golly! February 11, 2013 at 6:04 pm #

Ha ha, mine too!! Before we got our house last year, I had to sew at our actual dining table (which was a royal pain and probably part of the reason I didn’t sew as much yet). Right now I sew/cut at two IKEA dining room tables pushed together. lol I’m too short to cut at a counter height, so dining table height is perfect!

13. Charlotte Boyer February 11, 2013 at 11:23 am #

I love your style, and how that bleeds into your ever-so-lovely sewing sanctuary! :D All that pretty fabric is so enticing!! I always love a good stash of yardage pretties…

14. Shelly February 11, 2013 at 4:36 am #

Your sewing space is so light. I love it! I wish mine was this bright and clean.

15. Sanne - Roses on Toast February 11, 2013 at 2:16 am #

What a nice space! It’s so pretty and light. I can’t wait for the day that I have a proper house with a separate sewing room.

16. Marianne C February 10, 2013 at 2:42 pm #

Love it! I want to get started on mine now!

17. Claudia Gover February 10, 2013 at 11:17 am #

Thanks for sharing you room with us. I am trying to get a sewing room started and don’t have a clue where to begin, luckily I now have some inspiration. Love the sweater and pants. Thanks again.

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:44 pm #

Thanks! You can buy those cubbie type storage cubes at lots of different places and they’re pretty inexpensive. I like them :)

18. Debi_myhappysewingplace February 10, 2013 at 7:14 am #

Loved seeing your sewing space! It’s soooo clean :-)

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:44 pm #

Thanks! It’s not always this clean lol ;)

19. Lelie February 10, 2013 at 6:23 am #

the sewingspace is really nice. I love your bobbin rack!

20. Jessica Cangiano February 10, 2013 at 5:44 am #

What a fantastic, light filled (can you tell my craft room is in a basement?), inspiringly pretty sewing room. I love how organized and well laid out it. Thank you for sharing your beloved sewing space with us, sweet gal – I adored seeing it.

21. HouseOFpinheiro February 10, 2013 at 4:23 am #

Your sewing space is dreamy…

22. Rebecca Wagner February 10, 2013 at 3:02 am #

I love my little sewing space:) I have a big table my husband made me, which has my machine, overlocker and a 32 inch tv screen that my hubby turned into a computer for me:)
    Love those pants!!

23. Sarah February 10, 2013 at 2:24 am #

Ooh, what a lovely space! It’s so nice to see the official Lucky Lucille colours popping up throughout the room. Your new sweater and cozy trousers look smashing! I need to face facts that I live in a freezing climate and sew some trousers already!

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

You would really love those trousers I think. SO comfortable and easy to make! :)

24. VickiKate February 10, 2013 at 2:22 am #

Oh I love your room! The colours are gorgeous!

25. Meredith Schreiber February 10, 2013 at 1:43 am #

Your space is lovely!!! I envy the cleanliness… I never have had a studio that’s not coated in clay dust or wet clay. Also, I use all my sewing scraps to make cloth napkins! I just sew together little squares until I have a big enough square to pair with another square and voila! A napkin! We’ve saved a lot of money cutting paper napkins and paper towels out of our budget, and we’ve found a use for scraps!

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

Well I’ve never seen an art studio anywhere that was spotless. That’s just a hazard of the job I think ;) Cloth napkins is a great idea!

26. Ginger February 10, 2013 at 12:34 am #

Luciiiiiiilllllle! That face!! I can’t take it! Oh yes, back to the sewing area… I love it! It’s so bright and organized! I really, seriously, DESPERATELY need to re-do mine. I’m in a clutter situation! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Rochelle New February 11, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

She’s pretty darn cute isn’t she? Sometimes I just stare at her lol. You’re welcome for the inspiration ;)

27. M_vanGinneken February 10, 2013 at 12:26 am #

Great room, light is perfect!

1. preparing for pants | Lucky Lucille™ - January 29, 2014

[…] making me hold off on it for now. I’ve sewn the Simplicity 3688 trousers a few times before (here, here, and here) and they have great potential, but the work involved to transform them into the […]

2. Home Sweet Sewing Room | Lucky Lucille - May 24, 2013

[...] really not a whole lot different from my old sewing room (which was secretly my dining room), except I painted the furniture and arranged things a [...]