Fall For Cotton Final Project Video

That’s a wrap! This video marks the official conclusion of the 2013 Fall For Cotton Sewalong. Thank you to everyone who participated and sewed along with us! Seeing all of the projects in one slideshow is pretty awesome, so I hope you enjoy watching it as much as Wil and I enjoyed putting it together.

I tried really hard to include at least one project from everyone, but please forgive me if I left someone out. It certainly wasn’t intentional! With over 260 members and 600+ photos it was slightly overwhelming to sort through it all, but obviously it was worth it! Be sure to check out the Flickr group for even more photos, and group discussion.

So what’s next? Well, Tasha has been cooking up something pretty special for all those 40′s lovin’ knitters out there, and I’ll be bringing back Sew For Victory in the Spring!

Thanks again for joining us for another fantastically fun sewing challenge!

*Edit – my apologies to Sarah! I missed her photo in the Flickr group (So sorry, Sarah!). You can see her finished dress:  here.*

, , , , ,

41 Responses to Fall For Cotton Final Project Video

1. Chuleenan of C Sews October 25, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

Thanks so much for the video and for launching this sewalong! It was great to see all the lovely projects!

2. Gjeometry October 24, 2013 at 5:13 am #

That was a Fabulous video, I really enjoyed watching it! Thanks for compiling us all in there and hosting the great sewalong.

3. misscrayolacreepy October 23, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

I think I just watched six minutes and fourteen seconds of pure talent!!!! I am so blown away!

4. karine October 22, 2013 at 6:44 pm #

Fantastic video ! Thank you !

5. zibergirl October 22, 2013 at 12:01 pm #

What a great way to exhibit the talents of so many sewers! Thank you for hosting such an inspiring event and the video is the icing on the cake. Good luck in the Craftsy contest.:-)

6. JuliaBobbin (@JuliaBobbin) October 22, 2013 at 1:25 am #

Wow this is just so outstanding! Thank you both for hosting such a wonderful sew-a-long. It has been so inspiring to watch!

7. Jessica Cangiano October 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

This video is such an incredible look book of sorts when it comes to vintage styling inspiration. Whether one is a sewer or not, it’s impossible to see all of these wonderfully attired folks rocking their diverse array of handmade looks and now find one or more that you’d like to emulate yourself.

8. Tasha @ By Gum, By Golly October 21, 2013 at 11:04 am #

It was wonderful to co-host with you!! I love the video you put together, it couldn’t be a better showcase for all the wonderful and amazing work everyone put into their projects. ♥ ♥ ‘Til the next collaboration… ;)

9. My Sewing Suite October 21, 2013 at 10:06 am #

What a great way to see everyone’s project all in one place. I enjoyed it with my morning coffee.Thanks

10. tanyamaile October 21, 2013 at 9:51 am #

Thanks for putting together such a lovely sewalong, Rochelle! I love the video and seeing everyone’s beautiful makes.

11. tillybuttons October 21, 2013 at 8:37 am #

Oh they’re just all so fabulous! Could you hear me oohing and aahing over here in London? Well done you for putting together the video – such a lovely idea. x

12. Ellen October 21, 2013 at 8:21 am #

Wonderful video and congratulations to all of the participants who are enjoying their new creations!

13. Elena Knits October 21, 2013 at 7:51 am #

Thank you for this wonderful video. You totally rock!

14. LolaJuna October 21, 2013 at 6:03 am #

Wonderful video.
    We didnt join in this time but we are ready for your next sew along :-p

L. & J. xx

15. Karoline October 21, 2013 at 5:31 am #

Thank you so much! It’s been wonderfull!

16. verykerryberry (@verykb) October 21, 2013 at 4:26 am #

That must have taken forever! Thankyou, it was lovely to see

17. Loran October 21, 2013 at 1:14 am #

Stunning video! I’ll watch it again tomorrow as a treat/break in the day. I’m off to order some V for Victory fabric and brush up on my knitting skills : )

18. JJ October 21, 2013 at 12:11 am #

Thank you Rochelle and Thank you Will!!! The video is wonderful, I saw some outfits here that I had somehow missed in the Flicker pool! Your music selections were great (as usual). I found myself thinking as I clicked Play, “I wonder what songs I’m going to get to hear.” :o)

19. Bethany October 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm #

I wish had taken part in this. I really miss sewing my vintage patterns and cotton fabrics.

20. Carla October 20, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

Thank you so much for hosting this, It was very fun seeing everyone’s creations, and I LOVED creating my outfit.

21. Melissa Borromeo October 20, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

Thank you Tasha and Rochelle, and all of the inspirational contributors!

22. spinneretta October 20, 2013 at 8:38 pm #

What a great video :) I have seen several projects I REALLY want to make myself. Of course finding the pattern is another matter LOL
    Personally- I loved my skirt so much that I made a second one to go with the blouse which I FINALLY finished :D

23. ksgentry October 20, 2013 at 7:43 pm #

I love the video! What a wonderful job you and hubby did! It was well worth the wait, It make me feel like a star!

24. the Garment Farmer October 20, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

love the video!! You guys are amazing–what a great way to capture all those lovely garments. Chris even enjoyed the music while i was watching–he commented twice that the songs were great :)

25. Bonnie October 20, 2013 at 7:32 pm #

And thank you, that was a lot of fun to watch, and I loved all the outfits.

26. theseedsof3 October 20, 2013 at 6:49 pm #

so fantastic! Thanks again for hosting, it was so much fun!

27. rosiewednesday October 20, 2013 at 6:27 pm #

Thanks for making the video, Rochelle! I agree with others – it’s so easy to see them all this way. Loved seeing everyone’s makes!

28. Allie October 20, 2013 at 5:57 pm #

This is great! I really loved seeing everyones creations. This made looking at all the completed projects way easier than looking through Flickr. Thanks a bunch for hosting, I had a blast sewing along with everyone.

29. Joanna October 20, 2013 at 5:26 pm #

A very lovely video! So much inspiration. I hope you host this event next year in the fall time.

30. Béa October 20, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

It’s so great to see all the Makes together. I can’t believe I’m in such awesome company.

I love the ric-rac, by the way!

31. Kirsty October 20, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

I love the video It’s wonderful to see so many great outfits all together.

32. delightfullypeculiar October 20, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

I drooled over all of these amazing creations, and all so beautifully styled. Loved the video. Well done all of you. :)

33. Mel October 20, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

Awesome!, thanks for putting this together…and my cat is in there, too^^

34. Joanne October 20, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

Awesome video! Thanks for all the work you did putting it all together!

35. Layla October 20, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

You’re a gem for putting this all together and organising it. Thanks so much. Brilliant fun!

36. Jeanette October 20, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

Fab video. Love seeing everyone’s creations. x

37. Pat October 20, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

The video was great. But the child just melted my heart.

38. Shannon October 20, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Great video and great sew along! I wish I had participated, but I’ll definitely be in for Sew for Victory in the spring!

39. thenerdyseamstress October 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

This is an amazing video! You’re awesome for putting it together! Thank you! I’m looking forward to sew for victory even though I haven’t made or worn anything from that era. I think I even have a pattern in mind!

40. Siri Andersen October 20, 2013 at 1:08 pm #

I thoroughly loved this video! Congrats to all who participated and finished, you are all great sewists ;)
    Looking forward to the new Sew for Victory!

41. Milena (aka Milenushka) October 20, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

this is a great video with some awesome music and editing! made me real proud of everyone’s projects, and it was fun to recognize a lot of the faces! thanks you for all your efforts :)