1940s victory beret

victoryberet1

My dear friend Tasha recently released her first ever knitwear pattern and I could not be more proud of her! It’s no wonder she had nearly 100 downloads in the first week, because it’s a seriously gorgeous pattern. I got to keep the beret as a souvenir for modeling, but I can only hope that one day I’ll be skilled enough in knitting to make one myself.

victoryberet2b

The beret is called Victory and it features a clever V, with the Morse code for V (both meaning victory during WWII) in the design. You can read all about it on Tasha’s blog. She’ll be doing a step-by-step tutorial for this pattern during her Knit For Victory knit along. So if you’re in love with this pattern, but are scared of color work, then you should definitely follow along for that.

victoryberet3

Speaking of Knit For Victory, are you joining in? I just signed up for the Knit Your First Sweater class on Craftsy so I’m hoping I can have a new cardigan by the end of January! If not, I can definitely manage a scarf and turban combo instead. We’ll see! I’ll be posting about my progress and inspiration here, and in the Flickr group, whichever project I choose.

victoryberet4b

Have a great weekend and stay warm! We had snow on the ground this morning in my neck of New York. Yeah. Snow. Knitting sounds more and more cozy lately, that’s for sure!

, , , , , ,

14 Responses to 1940s victory beret

1. Ally - Design Rewind Fashions November 22, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

Oh I need to learn how to knit! What adorable hat and it looks amazing with your hair color! 2014 is my year to not be scared of yarn and needles!

2. tam francis November 12, 2013 at 9:36 pm #

I LOVE this. Will send it to all my knitting friends in hope they might be inspired to knit one for me! You look fantastic in it. Hmmmm, methinks my fictional characters in my vintage novel need to take up knitting….

3. Deb November 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

Oh my word, you are adorable in this beret! I am not a knitter but this makes me want to learn how just so I can make this chapeau!

4. Emileigh November 10, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

It looks amazing! I saw the beret, and I definitely want to try it soon. I think it would be a good intro to colorwork, not as overwhelming as a whole garment!

5. rosiewednesday November 10, 2013 at 9:24 am #

Oo, I hope you’ll share how you like the Craftsy class! I’ve been thinking about signing up for that one, too. I’ve only done scarves/blankets in knitting, and Tasha has me itching to branch out! I was thinking about signing up for that class, too.

6. Stacia November 10, 2013 at 1:40 am #

This is gorgeous! Oh how I wish I could knit!

7. ShanniLoves November 9, 2013 at 9:00 pm #

Great photos and a loverly pattern!! Oh and congrats on the Craftsy award (don’t think I ever told you) :)

8. Sarah November 9, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

You are such a pretty lady, Rochelle. I love the beret – suits you so beautifully.

9. Shannon P November 9, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

This is amazing! I crochet…but this pattern definitely makes me want to learn how to knit!

10. mancunianvintage November 9, 2013 at 6:56 am #

What a gorgeous hat – looks fab on you. Congratulations to your very talented friend, am sure there are plenty more downloads to come!

11. Jessica Cangiano November 9, 2013 at 5:20 am #

Gorgeous beret and nippy weather styling of this whole outfit, dear Rochelle. I’m bursting with happiness for Tasha, too. She really, really knocked it out of the ballpark with this stellar pattern.

12. MarrieB November 8, 2013 at 11:17 pm #

It’s a lovely pattern, and you are the perfect model for it! I’m still pondering what pattern to make for knit for victory. Right now I’m leaning towards some type of mitten.

13. JuliaBobbin (@JuliaBobbin) November 8, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

What a fabulous looking model you are! I’m excited to see all Tasha’s future patterns as this one is fabulous! When I feel confident enough to do colour work I’ll definitely be giving this a try.

1. Accessories inspirations: Knit for Victory | By Gum, By Golly - November 11, 2013

[…] (By the way if you haven’t seen it, my gorgeous friend and the Victory model Rochelle posted a few more photos on her blog from the photo […]