authentic eyewear for vintage lovers

victoryoptical_elria1

Today I’m proud to announce my newest partner – Victory Optical! Victory Optical is a decades old company that was originally founded in 1941 by Vincent J. Salierno. At the height of their success, Victory was the leading name in fashion-forward eyewear with innovative designs that appealed to the likes of Buddy Holly, Dean Martin, and Connie Francis. After Vincent Salierno’s death the company ceased production but his family never ceased interest in eyewear trends.

victoryoptical_elria2

Today, the third and fourth generation of Victory Optical has resurrected the company to answer the call for vintage inspired frames, originally made popular by Vincent Salierno throughout the 40′s, 50′s, 60′s, and 70′s.  Victory currently offers three collections of eyewear that are authentic to the company’s original designs: Heritage, Inspired, and Suntimers.

victoryoptical_elria3

I have four pairs of glasses (courtesy of Victory Optical) to review in total but first I’d like to show you the El Ria frames from the Heritage collection. The El Ria’s were made popular in the 50′s, but with their subtle cat eye shape and key hole bridge, they fit right in among the trend-setting shapes of the mid 40′s when women’s eyewear was just starting to progress as a fashionable accessory.

victoryoptical_elria4

victoryoptical_elria5

victoryoptical_elria9b

Aside from the adorable mini V’s in the corners of the frames, I’m also in love with the mini key chains that accompany each pair. I decided they make very cute decorations for my mini pine tree!

victoryoptical_elria7

victoryoptical_elria6

victoryoptical_elria8

There are many “retro inspired” eyewear companies out there now, but none felt authentic to me until I found Victory Optical. I finally have a pair of frames that I feel comfortable wearing with my WWII impressions (I’ve seen cat eye frames as early as 1943!) as well as non-vintage clothing. Since I wear glasses everyday I’m always on the hunt for authentic reproductions that are durable, and more importantly, replaceable if something should ever happen to them. I found exactly what I was looking for with Victory Optical!

victoryoptical_elria10

Read more about the history of Victory Optical and check out their awesome original vintage advertisements. Also find Victory on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Buy Victory Optical frames at an eyewear location near you, or online at eyeglass.com.

If you’re in the market for new frames and crave true, authentic vintage, then look no further than Victory Optical! With designs in all your favorite 40′s, 50′s, and 60′s shapes (not to mention a lot of fun colors!) I bet you’ll find a must-have pair in no time. I know I did!

, , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to authentic eyewear for vintage lovers

1. Lady ID January 18, 2014 at 3:03 am #

Adorable. I love cat-eye glasses and have had different pairs for the past seven years. I might have to check these out later this year. what I really want are prescription cat-eye sunnies.

2. Boomdeeadda January 3, 2014 at 11:51 pm #

Those are really great and suit you too. I have a vintage pair of glasses by Oliver Peebles. They were the only comfortable ones I tried on. My Aunt is wearing very similar glasses in a school photo from the 40′s. I just got mine in September, so I have to wait 2 years for the next pair. But I’m excited to follow the links. Thank you.

3. Lorna December 22, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

This hairstyle suits you so well… As i could say for the glasses.

Lovely finding your blog:)

4. Andrea December 7, 2013 at 11:15 pm #

Yay I love my Victory glasses. Mine are from the Honey collection. I didn’t get the little keychain (bummer), but I love the leather case.

5. Miss Crayola Creepy December 4, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

Oh my gosh, I need a pair right nowwww! I’m off to lurk their website :)

Good job on these amazing photos, Rochelle and Wil! They look super professional!!

6. Philippa December 3, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

You look so chic in those glasses!

7. Kalliopie December 3, 2013 at 2:56 pm #

beautyfull glasses

8. Lauriana December 3, 2013 at 1:23 am #

What a shame, they’re only available in the US…

• Rochelle New December 3, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

Hi Lauriana, eyeglass.com will ship internationally :)

9. Lauriana December 3, 2013 at 1:19 am #

Those are great! As you said: looking both authentic and not out of place in a modern setting either.
    I wear glasses every day and have been going for the vintage-inspired styles ever since they became available, so I’ll definitely check out this brand.

10. Stacia December 3, 2013 at 12:16 am #

These are so cute! Thank you for sharing!

11. joanniejprice December 2, 2013 at 10:52 pm #

Thanks for the share! I love the old school vintage look and nothing completes it better than a pair of vintage glasses :) Looks like I’ll be adding something else to the Christmas list :)!!!!

12. Sarah December 2, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

Ooh, this is the post I have been waiting for! I love, love your glasses!!!

13. JJ December 2, 2013 at 1:28 pm #

What cute glasses, but I can’t stop looking at your hair! The color is great, the styling is great-er! :o)

14. Kelly December 2, 2013 at 12:43 pm #

oooh, I love them!!! I wear glasses every day too, and being turned on to a site like this is awesome :)

15. lovinlocks December 2, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

I’m excited about this new partnering for you! Bloggers making it in this “blogging business” never cease to amaze me.

Keep up the good work.

Lyric

16. Emileigh December 2, 2013 at 11:10 am #

These ARE so great! They look perfect with your look, and they do seem so practical, as you pointed out. Like sallie, I don’t need glasses, but if the time ever comes that I do…. I’ll be all over these!

17. Sean MacKenzie December 2, 2013 at 10:12 am #

I am always on the look for vintage frames. I do love my pair of Lulu Guiness cat eye frames with rhinestones which are very new look/1950s. But I do love the fact that I have this as an alternative. I just wish that they had nose pieces. :-( I love the plastic look of frames, but hate how it slips so much on my nose.

The Fictionista

18. Tasha @ By Gum, By Golly December 2, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Those glasses really are just so fabulous. I adore them! (I love that they’re a subtle tortoise, too.) Mel has a pair of original 1950s glasses and they have a little decoration right in the corners where the Vs are in yours, just turned sideways. The Vs are so cute.They have such a perfect look overall. I’m so glad Victory Optical has been resurrected. I can’t wait to get a pair myself someday!

19. sallie December 2, 2013 at 9:07 am #

These look fantastic on you!! I’m always bummed that my eyesight does not warrant glasses (I know… quit complaining!) but I just think glasses are such a cool accessory!