simplicity preview – january 1947

nov1947featured

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Here’s a little present for you – Simplicity’s mini sewing pattern catalog from 1947, full of beautiful New Look styles to inspire you in the New Year!

Please feel free to link to this page, pin this page, or send your friends here. Please do not redistribute, re-post, or sell these downloads (in whole or part) anywhere else. I have made it available FREE for you here on Lucky Lucille!

stitching

If you appreciate these little peeks into Fashion/Sewing history as much as I do, buy me a cuppa’ coffee to say thanks! Only if you want to, of course ;)

$3.00

stitching

eBookbutton

To open the eBook you must click the download button from an iPad or iPhone, in Safari browser, with iBooks installed. A new browser window will open and will appear blank for several seconds. It’s a pretty large file so the screen will look as if nothing is happening as the file loads, but soon you will be prompted to open the eBook in iBooks or a similar application, from that browser window.

PDFbutton

The PDF should open on any computer, tablet, and/or browser, but may take a little while to load. Again, the images are large. When the browser window opens, click the icon in the top toolbar (second icon in from the far right) to download and save the PDF.

To purchase original catalogs (just like this one!) and sewing patterns, please visit Judy at vintage4me2.

Happy Reading,

, , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to simplicity preview – january 1947

1. thestockholmseamstress March 27, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

Thank you for this!

2. Piper Springs January 5, 2014 at 10:38 pm #

Separates, wearable items, stash busters..got it! Oh dear, that wasn’t me who just bought dragon fabric and another vintage dress pattern was it?

3. Jessica Cangiano December 31, 2013 at 3:38 am #

Such endlessly fabulous fashions! Thank you for the thoughtful gift, dear Rochelle!

4. Tanith Kovari December 29, 2013 at 6:19 pm #

The blue dress on the last page is great, but it’s the hat with it I’d like to make! I’ll add it to my 1940s to-do list!

5. Kimberly December 29, 2013 at 9:53 am #

Thank you for the fun catalog! I really like the aprons, esp 1837 w the crossover. I made a lot of aprons as gifts this month…

6. auntsr9 December 27, 2013 at 11:11 am #

Thank you for the wonderful catalog. I think my mother might have made one of the dresses. She sewed a lot when I was born and always made her dresses when she came to the US in 1946. Anyhow, I got a new bulletin board for Christmas and the catalog looks wonderful. I think it is a work of art.

7. Leisa December 25, 2013 at 8:10 pm #

How lovely! Many thanks for the wonderful Christmas gift. Now if I could only order the blue dress on the last page, would make a fabulous start to 2014. Happy holidays.

8. andrea_r (@andrea_r) December 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

Hey, I have a dress pattern very similar to the blue one on the cover. It’s a great pattern.

• andrea_r (@andrea_r) December 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

And by cover I mean the blue dress on the image above, the last page in the PDF. And I checked – it;s that exact pattern! I have a navy mini dot rayon set aside to make it yet again.