Tag Archives | Reproduction

Sears and Roebuck 1942 Reproduction Outfit

Here it is! My Fall For Cotton project inspired by a “Farmerette” outfit in the Fall/Winter Sears and Roebuck catalog from 1942. You can read more about my inspiration here, and see more garment construction photos here. I think that about sums it up as far as outfit explanation, so let’s just get to the […]

Read full story Comments { 37 }

Fall For Cotton – my project preview

My Fall For Cotton projects are finished!! If you saw my inspiration post, you’d know I’ve been trying to recreate a women’s farm/factory outfit from the Fall/Winter Sears and Roebuck catalog of 1942. I put the buttons on my shirt this afternoon (nothing like procrastinating your own sewalong haha!) so I’m going to share some […]

Read full story Comments { 9 }

Recreated 1943 Mail Order Dress

It’s finished! My shirt dress inspired by a 1943 design from a Bellas Hess mail order catalog. (Available as a PDF download here) There is SO much amazing inspiration in that catalog! Once I found this brown gingham fabric I knew I had to try and recreate a similar dress. I used no less than […]

Read full story Comments { 44 }